A driver was being cut out of her vehicle following a crash in Ditchling Road this morning.
The incident happened at about 11.30am at the junction of Woodbourne Avenue near Hollingbury Golf Course.
Witnesses reported a red VW Golf and a people carrier had been involved in the collision.
Several police cars, ambulances and a fire engine are currently at the scene cutting out the female driver.
It is not yet known the extent of injuries to her or others involved in the crash.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Frustration boils over as train passengers struggle to get home
- Villagers thwart suspected jewellery thief by chasing him down the street and grabbing him
- Goldstone glory days to be remembered 20 years on
- £20m parking profit but drivers spend 16 working days a year in traffic
- Firefighters to respond to emergency ambulance calls in pilot project