Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton and Hove Scouts are out and about having fun
7:40pm Tuesday 15th January 2013 in News
Scouts from Brighton and Hove met up with 3,000 others and dib dib dabbled in some top fun.
Boys and girls aged between ten and 18 joined others at Gilwell Park in North East London, the home of Scouting and outdoor adventure.
The annual Winter Camp in January provides the opportunity for Scouts to take part in more than 70 adventurous and fun activities including abseiling.
Kieran, aged 11 from 6th Hove Scout Group, said: “Winter Camp was amazing.
“I got to have a go on all the activities I wanted to. The best activity was the quad biking.
“I can’t wait to come back next year for more activities and to meet up with all the people I met this year.”
Chief Scout Bear Grylls added: “Winter Camp provides a whole new adventure experience for young people.
“The challenge is all about empowering these scouts with the skills to survive the sub zero temperatures, and how to keep warm and comfortable in their tents.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Plane diverted to Gatwick after 'abusive' passenger threw prosthetic leg at cabin crew
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Firefighters scale down Eastbourne Pier operation as police appeal for witnesses
- Robbers jailed after holding up cash van
- Drunk foreign students ‘put themselves at risk’
Comments are closed on this article.