Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Dogs’ dinner for Valentines at Brighton restaurant
9:05am Thursday 17th January 2013 in News
Animal lovers looking for a Valentine date can dine with their four-legged friends.
A Brighton restaurant is giving dog owners the chance to share a steak with the love of their lives – even if they have dog breath, dribble and refuse to use a knife and fork at the dinner table.
The Coal Shed, in Boyce’s Street, is hoping to encourage puppy love at the city’s first dog-friendly Valentine’s dinner.
The restaurant will be donating £5 from each couple’s bill to the Dogs Trust rehoming centre in Shoreham.
Owner Razak Helalat said: “The idea’s been well received, partly because people don't like leaving their pets at home but also because they want to treat their dogs to the best food.”
- Author Peter James 'lucky to be alive' following 70mph racing crash
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day
- Police investigate spate of car crime across Sussex
- Sussex Police get Chinese book of sayings as thank you gift