A householder whose life was being blighted by a noisy manhole cover has thanked The Argus for solving the problem.
The wonky cover and eroding road surface in Eastern Road, Brighton, had remained unfixed for months because no one knew who was responsible for it.
Householders say their sleep is being disturbed as vehicles pass over the grid, making a noise like a gunshot.
But after the story appeared in The Argus last week, Brighton and Hove City Council confirmed it should be repaired by the end of the week.
Camilla Markowiak, 47, of College Road, Brighton, said: “I just want to thank The Argus for running the story about the manhole cover, and I would like to think that me reporting it to your paper has helped.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Baby with life-changing and man with life-threatening injuries after fire at nail bar
- Woman airlifted to hospital with serious head injury after A27 lorry smash in Chichester
- Father told to walk four miles home in torrential rain with baby over £3 parking fee
- Sussex set to be hotter than Istanbul, Prague and San Marino this weekend
- A bit of Bondi to Brighton? Plans revealed for new £3 million swimming and leisure hotspot