A householder whose life was being blighted by a noisy manhole cover has thanked The Argus for solving the problem.
The wonky cover and eroding road surface in Eastern Road, Brighton, had remained unfixed for months because no one knew who was responsible for it.
Householders say their sleep is being disturbed as vehicles pass over the grid, making a noise like a gunshot.
But after the story appeared in The Argus last week, Brighton and Hove City Council confirmed it should be repaired by the end of the week.
Camilla Markowiak, 47, of College Road, Brighton, said: “I just want to thank The Argus for running the story about the manhole cover, and I would like to think that me reporting it to your paper has helped.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched after woman dies in Hove home
- Armed gang shot wrong man through letterbox of his Brighton home in case of mistaken identity
- Lorry driver caught with £500,000 in "drugs money" hidden in tyres
- Chief constable issues warning against force cuts
- Pervert caught filming up a woman's skirt in Brighton's River Island store gets camera ban