Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton noisy manhole problem solved
3:00pm Wednesday 23rd January 2013 in News
A householder whose life was being blighted by a noisy manhole cover has thanked The Argus for solving the problem.
The wonky cover and eroding road surface in Eastern Road, Brighton, had remained unfixed for months because no one knew who was responsible for it.
Householders say their sleep is being disturbed as vehicles pass over the grid, making a noise like a gunshot.
But after the story appeared in The Argus last week, Brighton and Hove City Council confirmed it should be repaired by the end of the week.
Camilla Markowiak, 47, of College Road, Brighton, said: “I just want to thank The Argus for running the story about the manhole cover, and I would like to think that me reporting it to your paper has helped.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Fight to stop homes lost near village of Lindfield
- Sussex mum jailed for four years for £350,000 benefit fraud
- Jess Tompsett gets new rugby medal thanks to The Argus
- Antiques Roadshow uncovers Brighton bombing memento