A householder whose life was being blighted by a noisy manhole cover has thanked The Argus for solving the problem.
The wonky cover and eroding road surface in Eastern Road, Brighton, had remained unfixed for months because no one knew who was responsible for it.
Householders say their sleep is being disturbed as vehicles pass over the grid, making a noise like a gunshot.
But after the story appeared in The Argus last week, Brighton and Hove City Council confirmed it should be repaired by the end of the week.
Camilla Markowiak, 47, of College Road, Brighton, said: “I just want to thank The Argus for running the story about the manhole cover, and I would like to think that me reporting it to your paper has helped.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Drugged thug jailed for ten years for attack where victim thought he would die
- Dead body found at bottom of cliff after missing person alert
- Hunt launched to find man accused of stabbing on Brighton seafront
- Teenager taken to hospital after being repeatedly kicked in the head by yobs
- Re-submission of Albion hotel plans on hold after radiotherapy centre setback