A householder whose life was being blighted by a noisy manhole cover has thanked The Argus for solving the problem.
The wonky cover and eroding road surface in Eastern Road, Brighton, had remained unfixed for months because no one knew who was responsible for it.
Householders say their sleep is being disturbed as vehicles pass over the grid, making a noise like a gunshot.
But after the story appeared in The Argus last week, Brighton and Hove City Council confirmed it should be repaired by the end of the week.
Camilla Markowiak, 47, of College Road, Brighton, said: “I just want to thank The Argus for running the story about the manhole cover, and I would like to think that me reporting it to your paper has helped.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Photographer told to take down naked bike ride picture from station's gallery after complaint
- Eastbourne shuns Blue Flag beach scheme due to 'enormous cost'
- Green and Labour MPs to go head-to-head with Conservative MEP and pressure group director at The Argus EU debate
- Aliens and men in black to stalk the streets of Brighton
- Primary school goes on strike over closure plan and stages protest outside County Hall