The daughter of The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies of The Kinks has broken years of silence to support the treetop protest against a controversial link road.
Natalie Hynde, from Hastings, spent her 30th birthday yesterday being photographed by the press after three decades of protecting her “precious” anonymity.
She has spent almost every night since Boxing Day sleeping in a tent or treehouse with people protesting against the Bexhill to Hastings link road.
She said: “Building the road isn’t a solution. It’s just an environmental disaster.
“I see it as quite plain and simple.
“It’s an experience and I encourage people to come and join us.”
The protesters are hoping the High Court will stop the building of the road, arguing that they believe it goes through the original site of the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man starting seven and a half year prison sentence for sex offences against young girls
- Man charged after explosion of suspect device
- Gun brandished in brawl outside takeaway
- Elderly man in critical condition after being hit by van
- Motorcyclist suffers cuts and bruises after being knocked down by car