The daughter of The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies of The Kinks has broken years of silence to support the treetop protest against a controversial link road.
Natalie Hynde, from Hastings, spent her 30th birthday yesterday being photographed by the press after three decades of protecting her “precious” anonymity.
She has spent almost every night since Boxing Day sleeping in a tent or treehouse with people protesting against the Bexhill to Hastings link road.
She said: “Building the road isn’t a solution. It’s just an environmental disaster.
“I see it as quite plain and simple.
“It’s an experience and I encourage people to come and join us.”
The protesters are hoping the High Court will stop the building of the road, arguing that they believe it goes through the original site of the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Carer 'stole £30,000' from elderly woman in her care
- 999 control staff could be facing relocation
- Former police chief slams FCO’s child abuse report
- Man dies after car crash with tree
- Car bursts into flames after crash with van on A27