The daughter of The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies of The Kinks has broken years of silence to support the treetop protest against a controversial link road.
Natalie Hynde, from Hastings, spent her 30th birthday yesterday being photographed by the press after three decades of protecting her “precious” anonymity.
She has spent almost every night since Boxing Day sleeping in a tent or treehouse with people protesting against the Bexhill to Hastings link road.
She said: “Building the road isn’t a solution. It’s just an environmental disaster.
“I see it as quite plain and simple.
“It’s an experience and I encourage people to come and join us.”
The protesters are hoping the High Court will stop the building of the road, arguing that they believe it goes through the original site of the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man tries to lure school boy, 12, into car and other students have been targeted too
- Warning after thieves try to steal pet dog
- Fear park could become playing field for academy
- Fire-ravaged pier put on 'at risk' register of threatened buildings
- Brighton and Hove Ukip candidate kicked and shoved by man at party stall