Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Stars' daughter joins Bexhill to Hastings road protest
5:40pm Wednesday 23rd January 2013 in News
The daughter of The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies of The Kinks has broken years of silence to support the treetop protest against a controversial link road.
Natalie Hynde, from Hastings, spent her 30th birthday yesterday being photographed by the press after three decades of protecting her “precious” anonymity.
She has spent almost every night since Boxing Day sleeping in a tent or treehouse with people protesting against the Bexhill to Hastings link road.
She said: “Building the road isn’t a solution. It’s just an environmental disaster.
“I see it as quite plain and simple.
“It’s an experience and I encourage people to come and join us.”
The protesters are hoping the High Court will stop the building of the road, arguing that they believe it goes through the original site of the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bottles and paint thrown from squat at Brighton church
- Cyclist fighting for life following Brighton seafront bus shelter crash
- Bradley Murdoch reportedly drops appeal following conviction for murdering Peter Falconio
- Hand grenade discovered in garden
- Brighton and Hove one of UK's least affordable places to live
Comments are closed on this article.