Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Stars' daughter joins Bexhill to Hastings road protest
5:40pm Wednesday 23rd January 2013 in News
The daughter of The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies of The Kinks has broken years of silence to support the treetop protest against a controversial link road.
Natalie Hynde, from Hastings, spent her 30th birthday yesterday being photographed by the press after three decades of protecting her “precious” anonymity.
She has spent almost every night since Boxing Day sleeping in a tent or treehouse with people protesting against the Bexhill to Hastings link road.
She said: “Building the road isn’t a solution. It’s just an environmental disaster.
“I see it as quite plain and simple.
“It’s an experience and I encourage people to come and join us.”
The protesters are hoping the High Court will stop the building of the road, arguing that they believe it goes through the original site of the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Scooter rider caught on camera on the pavement and narrowly avoiding crash
- A drone’s eye view of the crumbling West Pier
- Sussex care home bills 'going unpaid'
- Footbaaaa-ll is a game of ewe halves
- Open air theatre dream gets council support - but red tape delays final approval
Comments are closed on this article.