Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Skate park so close to completion
7:40pm Wednesday 23rd January 2013 in News
A community skate park project is close to completion.
The Skate House indoor skate park and art project in Lewes needs just £400 to finish the remaining work, including the building of ramps.
The group has so far spent around £20,000 building the indoor park at the Phoenix Industrial Estate.
A volunteer working at the site said: “We are short of around £400. After that we can be open to the public as much as possible and begin to make our own money for the community.
"At the moment we’re only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
“We’re more than just a skate park though. We’re a place for people to get together as a community. We have a pizza oven, barbecue and refreshments. This project is for the whole town, not just a select few.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
- Drinkers locked out of pub besiege staff and customers
- Investigations launched after workman dies from pier fall
- Father's plea to burglars over pictures
Comments are closed on this article.