A community skate park project is close to completion.
The Skate House indoor skate park and art project in Lewes needs just £400 to finish the remaining work, including the building of ramps.
The group has so far spent around £20,000 building the indoor park at the Phoenix Industrial Estate.
A volunteer working at the site said: “We are short of around £400. After that we can be open to the public as much as possible and begin to make our own money for the community.
"At the moment we’re only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
“We’re more than just a skate park though. We’re a place for people to get together as a community. We have a pizza oven, barbecue and refreshments. This project is for the whole town, not just a select few.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATED: Workman air lifted to hospital with serious head injuries after falling 15 ft on construction site
- RACIST ATTACK: Man fined for assault in Brighton nightclub
- BIN STRIKE: Council warned by union bosses the ball is in their court
- CRASH: Two men injured after Renault Megane smashes into parked Nissan Micra on A259 in Hove
- CAR FREE: Busy Brighton shopping street could be next to be pedestrianised