A community skate park project is close to completion.
The Skate House indoor skate park and art project in Lewes needs just £400 to finish the remaining work, including the building of ramps.
The group has so far spent around £20,000 building the indoor park at the Phoenix Industrial Estate.
A volunteer working at the site said: “We are short of around £400. After that we can be open to the public as much as possible and begin to make our own money for the community.
"At the moment we’re only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
“We’re more than just a skate park though. We’re a place for people to get together as a community. We have a pizza oven, barbecue and refreshments. This project is for the whole town, not just a select few.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police precept increases but federation warns tough decisions will be made over which crimes will be investigated
- Neneh Cherry plays intimate gig in Brighton pub
- Man who fell asleep while cooking his dinner is led to safety by firefighters
- Man denies four sexual assaults on teenage girls using Brighton and Hove bus services
- Seven-month wait for faulty intercom fix