Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton festival site still in talks
9:20am Thursday 24th January 2013 in News
Festival organisers are still waiting on a decision over its future.
Brighton and Hove City Council has delayed granting landowner’s consent for Shakedown, a two-day event which is expected to attract up to 20,000 people to Stanmer Park, Brighton, this summer.
More than 1,200 people signed a petition calling for the festival to be moved claiming it had damaged the park and its wildlife.
A meeting between those involved took place last week but council bosses said no decision has yet been taken.
A council spokeswoman said: “We are looking into possible options for a new home for Shakedown after this year.
“Organisers are keen to explore locations in the city to grow the event for the future.
“We are in negotiation about potential sites which would suit everyone involved.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future
- Still time to join the Ribbonwalk at Petworth House