Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Police issue warning of black ice on Sussex roads
9:08am Monday 28th January 2013 in News
Police in Sussex are warning drivers to be aware of black ice on the roads this morning.
Between midnight and 7.45am today, there have been more than 40 crashes on the county's roads, mainly in rural areas.
More than 30 of these have involved single vehicles sliding off the road due to the difficult to spot ice.
So far none of the incidents is reported to have caused serious injury but a Sussex Police spokesman said: "Rush hour drivers are urged to take it easy on the roads, especially outside towns.
"The ice cannot readily be spotted, so please slow down and allow extra time for your journey."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove