Care home call girls: Staff invite prostitutes for residents

The Argus: The Chaseley care home in South Cliff, Eastbourne The Chaseley care home in South Cliff, Eastbourne

The Argus can today lift the lid on the use of “sex surrogates” in Sussex care homes. Our revelations have prompted East Sussex County Council to launch an urgent investigation. But health workers argue helping disabled people to access sex workers is a matter of meeting their basic human rights. Bill Gardner reports.

Care homes are inviting prostitutes through their doors to offer sexual services to their disabled residents, The Argus can reveal.

One local authority said it would launch an urgent investigation into the possible “exploitation and abuse” of vulnerable people following our findings.

But some health experts and sex workers defended the practice as “therapeutic” – and said it had been happening in some homes across Sussex for years.

One care home manager said staff who helped disabled people access prostitutes were defending basic human rights.

Helena Barrow is the ex-manager of Chaseley, a nursing home in Eastbourne for 55 people with neurological problems and learning difficulties.

'Sexually enable people'

She told The Argus that prostitutes were regularly contacted by staff, welcomed into the building and provided with a room to meet residents.

She said: “The fact is, sex workers are allowed by law to sexually enable people but care workers are not.

“So, if someone asked, we would often call in a professional, someone trained to do that. It’s known as the resident’s ‘special visit’.”

The act of paying for sex is not in itself illegal – but a string of laws criminalises activities around it.

Mrs Barrow, who left Chaseley a year ago to manage another care home in St Leonards, insisted residents always paid for the call girls themselves through their pensions, savings or benefits.

'Resolving problem'

She said staff at her former workplace would often telephone sex workers and invite them to the home.

When possible, they would dial the number and hold the phone to the disabled person’s ear so they could make the call themselves.

She said: “If you have a resident who is groping staff, one way of resolving that problem is to get a sex worker in who is trained to deal with that situation.

“But most of the time, these are people who feel frustrated by a primeval need they cannot fulfil.

“So we would help them with the phone, dial the number, or use the computer to contact someone who could help.

“If we refused, we would not be delivering a holistic level of care.”

'Special red sock'

When the call girl arrived, they were welcomed into the building and escorted by a member of staff to a room where a resident was waiting.

Staff would then put a “special red sock” on the door handle to make sure the couple were not disturbed before checking on them every 15 minutes.

On one occasion, local strippers were invited into the home to perform a “special show” for residents.

Sue Wyatt, Chaseley’s current manager, confirmed prostitutes were still welcomed to the home but insisted staff were no longer making the calls directly.

Instead, she said a “third party consultant” was now used to contact the sex workers.

'Here to help'

She said: “People have needs, so sometimes we might need to set up a room in a certain way. We are there to help.

“We use a private consultant who arranges everything. They are an independent person who works in the home. She puts people in touch with people.

“We respect our residents as individuals so that’s why we help this to happen.”

Chaseley is an ex-military nursing home which now houses a mix of residents whose places are funded by private arrangements or by social services.

A spokesman for East Sussex County Council said the local authority had been unaware of Chaseley’s policy of inviting prostitutes on site and “did not welcome” the idea.

Abuse concern

He said: “We will examine our concerns through the Pan-Sussex Multi-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults at Risk.

“This has the potential to place vulnerable East Sussex residents at risk of exploitation and abuse.”

But other senior health workers welcomed Chaseley’s decision to actively help its residents have sex.

Denise Banks is director of social care provision at Chailey Heritage Foundation, East Sussex, where disabled adults are cared for as part of the Futures@Chailey Heritage project.

She revealed the foundation had contacted Chaseley to help develop a policy where prostitutes could be found for residents if needed.

Pleasing work

Mrs Banks said: “The work they [Chaseley] are doing is certainly pleasing.

“If someone asked us to contact a sex worker for them, we would have to be open to that. If we resisted we would be going against the Human Rights Act.

“We would try to facilitate that somewhere else to protect that individual’s privacy and dignity. It’s a much nicer way to do it. But we need to develop a proper policy.

“We do have to be very careful because when you are working with very vulnerable people you have to make sure they are not being pushed in a certain direction.”

Mrs Banks said the Chailey Foundation had been working with the Sexual Health and Disability Allliance, a national group that campaigns for disabled people to be allowed access to sex workers.

'Perpetual frustration'

She said: “It’s really down to an individual approach. We want to allow people to express their sexuality.

“It’s completely within the law but of course there has to be boundaries.”

Dr Tuppy Owens, convenor of the Sexual Health and Disability Allliance, visits care homes across Sussex to give them advice on sexual issues.

She said prostitutes were already operating freely in many care homes across the county.

She said: “Many disabled people are living in perpetual frustration.

“If someone wants to access a sex worker and they can’t make the phone call then they should be allowed to do that. There’s nothing illegal about it.

“What’s illegal is for disabled people to be denied their human rights.”

Proper checks

But other experts raised health and safety fears around allowing vulnerable people access to sex workers without proper checks.

Nick Tapp, chief executive of East Sussex Disability Association, said he thought the approach was “broadly a good idea” but that it posed “certain problems”.

He said: “People are body fascists, which means disabled people lack opportunities.

“Allowing them release in this way would appear to be a good thing. However, there’s always an issue of risk which is for local authorities and health authorities to look into.

“How do you know the sex workers are not carrying infections? There are certainly safety issues there.”

Lorna Couldrick is a lecturer at Brighton University, specialising on issues related to sexuality. She has worked with care homes across the county to help them deal with the sexual needs of their residents.

'Under the radar'

According to her, many have been inviting prostitutes into the homes on a regular basis for years.

She said: “It’s underground, not out in the open, because it has to be. It’s under the radar.

“The thing is, if you have a severe disability it can affect your ability to have sex. But why should that mean you should be stopped from having sex for the rest of your life?

“It makes sense to me to legally employ a prostitute to resolve that problem, rather than a member of staff.”

The Care Quality Commission (CQC), the care watchdog, refused to reveal whether it was aware of prostitutes being invited into care homes.

A CQC spokeswoman said: “Where an individual care need is identified, we expect care plans to reflect that, and for all the appropriate safeguards to be in place to ensure that the individual concerned and others potentially affected are protected against the risk of abuse.”

Secretive world of sex surrogacy

So-called ‘sex surrogacy’ is now in the spotlight thanks to a new Hollywood film, The Sessions.

Released in the UK a week ago, the film confronts two taboos – the sexual needs of the disabled and the controversial role sometimes played by surrogates in order to fulfil them.

Often dismissed as prostitutes, the ‘surrogates’ claim they are actually therapists. But critics dismiss the work as morally dubious, degrading and of no therapeutic benefit.

One agency in Brighton and Hove offers disabled people the chance to lose their virginity in exchange for cash.

‘Velvet Venus’ is an older lady who runs a private brothel for disabled people near Brighton station.

The Argus: Helen Hunt and John Hawkes in The Sessions

John Hawkes and Helen Hunt star as Mark O'Brien and sex surrogate Cheryl Cohen-Greene in The Sessions.

She said: “It’s a very secretive world. I have to live a complete double life. If I was exposed that would be awful.

“But there’s nothing wrong with what I’m doing. My clients all leave happier than when they walked in.

“It should all be made completely legal. The law is a complete ass and that’s how it is.”

Another sex worker, Anika Mae, said some disabled people found it difficult to find a partner.

She said: “A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes.

“I have worked with people with Parkinson’s and missing limbs. I also dealt with a guy who was completely paralysed after being in a car crash.”

Sex worker's regular visits to care homes

One sex worker told The Argus she was “regularly” called to care homes across Sussex.

She said staff members usually escort her up to a room where a disabled resident is waiting.

She said: “I go to one particular nursing home in West Sussex at least once a month, more often once or twice every two weeks, but others too.

“The staff know what is happening, they lead us to the room – it’s embarrassing really.”

The call girl revealed there was usually a “mutual understanding” between sex workers and care staff.

She said: “It’s like, you know why I’m here, I know why I’m here.

“In hotels you sometimes get awkward questions from hotel receptionists but nothing like that happens in a care home because the members of staff always know exactly why you’re there.

“Obviously every client has the same colour money and the job isn’t done for enjoyment’s sake.

“Having said that, aside from the initial embarrassment of being led to a room, it’s an easy job.”

See the latest news headlines from The Argus:

More news from The Argus

Follow @brightonargus

The Argus: Daily Echo on Facebook - facebook.com/southerndailyecho Like us on Facebook

The Argus: Google+ Add us to your circles on Google+

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:58pm Mon 28 Jan 13

PorkBoat says...

How about doing an investigation into high level members of The Establishment abusing children from care homes? I think that's a far more important story.
How about doing an investigation into high level members of The Establishment abusing children from care homes? I think that's a far more important story. PorkBoat

2:05pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Jimmy Stewart's Imaginary Rabbit says...

If the 'sex workers' are doing it of their own free will (i.e. not being controlled by pimps) I'm struggling to see any problem with this at all.
If the 'sex workers' are doing it of their own free will (i.e. not being controlled by pimps) I'm struggling to see any problem with this at all. Jimmy Stewart's Imaginary Rabbit

2:29pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Take it Personally says...

Jimmy Stewart's Imaginary Rabbit wrote:
If the 'sex workers' are doing it of their own free will (i.e. not being controlled by pimps) I'm struggling to see any problem with this at all.
Exactly!
[quote][p][bold]Jimmy Stewart's Imaginary Rabbit[/bold] wrote: If the 'sex workers' are doing it of their own free will (i.e. not being controlled by pimps) I'm struggling to see any problem with this at all.[/p][/quote]Exactly! Take it Personally

2:31pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Brightonlad86 says...

Are these people prisoners?? NO!!

Many of them are stuck in their room 24 hours a day with only a TV and get the occasional bit of "attention" from care staff. Prisoners get more than these law abiding citizens.

As long as they do not come to any harm and/or not giving money to pimps etc where is the problem?

They deserve to have something to smile about!!! ;-)
Are these people prisoners?? NO!! Many of them are stuck in their room 24 hours a day with only a TV and get the occasional bit of "attention" from care staff. Prisoners get more than these law abiding citizens. As long as they do not come to any harm and/or not giving money to pimps etc where is the problem? They deserve to have something to smile about!!! ;-) Brightonlad86

2:49pm Mon 28 Jan 13

mimseycal says...

And the problem is where exactly? Why should someone not be allowed to explore their sexuality just because they happen to be disabled and stuck in a care home?

Provided there is no coercion involved, on either side, I don't see the problem. In fact, I heartily applaud the care homes that facilitate this.
And the problem is where exactly? Why should someone not be allowed to explore their sexuality just because they happen to be disabled and stuck in a care home? Provided there is no coercion involved, on either side, I don't see the problem. In fact, I heartily applaud the care homes that facilitate this. mimseycal

2:50pm Mon 28 Jan 13

MuammarQaddafi says...

Nick Tapp put his finger on it unfortunately. What bosses are afraid of is not the sex but the potential liability should abuses or accidents occur. Perhaps they should require special insurance policies for sex surrogates.
Nick Tapp put his finger on it unfortunately. What bosses are afraid of is not the sex but the potential liability should abuses or accidents occur. Perhaps they should require special insurance policies for sex surrogates. MuammarQaddafi

3:00pm Mon 28 Jan 13

PaulOckenden says...

Perhaps they should have just used the 'special red sock'.
Perhaps they should have just used the 'special red sock'. PaulOckenden

3:24pm Mon 28 Jan 13

alice1 says...

Who is paying the call girls to give them sexual relief could not see it mentioned in the argus article ?
Who is paying the call girls to give them sexual relief could not see it mentioned in the argus article ? alice1

3:39pm Mon 28 Jan 13

censored says...

In some countries (Denmark comes to mind), sex IS seen as a fundamental right and disabled people are given access to sex workers.

Well done to the Argus for ruining one of the few bits of pleasure that disabled people stuck in a home might get.
In some countries (Denmark comes to mind), sex IS seen as a fundamental right and disabled people are given access to sex workers. Well done to the Argus for ruining one of the few bits of pleasure that disabled people stuck in a home might get. censored

3:47pm Mon 28 Jan 13

pitb says...

If, as a result of this expose, the disabled persons forfeit their little pleasures - then shame on all the small minded people who have brought it about.
For goodness sake leave it alone it is only happening because it is needed. Well done to the home and the carers for ............ well caring!
If, as a result of this expose, the disabled persons forfeit their little pleasures - then shame on all the small minded people who have brought it about. For goodness sake leave it alone it is only happening because it is needed. Well done to the home and the carers for ............ well caring! pitb

4:48pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Anika Mae says...

The reporter who called me claimed to be doing background research and never mentioned printing my name, and apparently it's just there for padding anyway since my disabled clients have primarily been people living independently, and I've never been to care home in my life. The bit about missing limbs came straight out of the reporter's imagination, as did the reason for my client's paralysis. I didn't say anything about disabled people who've never had sex before as I have no experience of this, and my argument was that my clients have the same range of reasons for visiting me whether they have a disability or not.

I already knew standards at The Argus were bad, but I'm going to have to refuse to say anything to the next person who calls from there. Maybe I'll make the news even so!
The reporter who called me claimed to be doing background research and never mentioned printing my name, and apparently it's just there for padding anyway since my disabled clients have primarily been people living independently, and I've never been to care home in my life. The bit about missing limbs came straight out of the reporter's imagination, as did the reason for my client's paralysis. I didn't say anything about disabled people who've never had sex before as I have no experience of this, and my argument was that my clients have the same range of reasons for visiting me whether they have a disability or not. I already knew standards at The Argus were bad, but I'm going to have to refuse to say anything to the next person who calls from there. Maybe I'll make the news even so! Anika Mae

5:21pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Bill_Gardner says...

Anika Mae wrote:
The reporter who called me claimed to be doing background research and never mentioned printing my name, and apparently it's just there for padding anyway since my disabled clients have primarily been people living independently, and I've never been to care home in my life. The bit about missing limbs came straight out of the reporter's imagination, as did the reason for my client's paralysis. I didn't say anything about disabled people who've never had sex before as I have no experience of this, and my argument was that my clients have the same range of reasons for visiting me whether they have a disability or not.

I already knew standards at The Argus were bad, but I'm going to have to refuse to say anything to the next person who calls from there. Maybe I'll make the news even so!
Anika Mae,

Unfortunately you are wrong. I've looked back through my notebook and everything quoted in the article is verbatim, including the part about missing limbs and disabled people who have never had sex before.

Your name is readily available on an escort website. And there is no suggestion that you have ever visited care homes. Your quotes appear as part of a wider section about sex surrogacy.

Regards

Bill
[quote][p][bold]Anika Mae[/bold] wrote: The reporter who called me claimed to be doing background research and never mentioned printing my name, and apparently it's just there for padding anyway since my disabled clients have primarily been people living independently, and I've never been to care home in my life. The bit about missing limbs came straight out of the reporter's imagination, as did the reason for my client's paralysis. I didn't say anything about disabled people who've never had sex before as I have no experience of this, and my argument was that my clients have the same range of reasons for visiting me whether they have a disability or not. I already knew standards at The Argus were bad, but I'm going to have to refuse to say anything to the next person who calls from there. Maybe I'll make the news even so![/p][/quote]Anika Mae, Unfortunately you are wrong. I've looked back through my notebook and everything quoted in the article is verbatim, including the part about missing limbs and disabled people who have never had sex before. Your name is readily available on an escort website. And there is no suggestion that you have ever visited care homes. Your quotes appear as part of a wider section about sex surrogacy. Regards Bill Bill_Gardner

5:46pm Mon 28 Jan 13

saraman says...

I'll have some of that if and when I finish up in a care home. If a need is being satisfied even for a reasonable fee I would be very happy. After all you can't take your money with you.
I'll have some of that if and when I finish up in a care home. If a need is being satisfied even for a reasonable fee I would be very happy. After all you can't take your money with you. saraman

5:58pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Anika Mae says...

Bill, your notes are wrong and the quotes certainly aren't verbatim. You asked me what sort of disabilities I'd dealt with and I said something like "various things, from parkinson's to a man who was paraylsed from the neck down". I wouldn't have said anything about missing limbs because I've never seen anyone with that sort of condition. The bit about the "car accident" came later, because you thought it would be very difficult to have sex with someone who's that paralysed and I said he was a lot of fun and knew what he was about sexually. You were still confused, so I said that if he was vanilla before his accident, he'd broadened his horizons since. It was then that you suggested he'd been in a car accident.

I might have said something like, "A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes", but that would be as a reason for people in general to pay for sex, not specifically disabled people, so quoting it as you did is misleading.

Yes of course it's not like you've outed me, and my birth certificate doesn't say "Anika", but there was nothing to stop you from telling me that you wanted to print this stuff after all, and I think most people would consider it a poor reflection on you that you prefer to operate opaquely.
Bill, your notes are wrong and the quotes certainly aren't verbatim. You asked me what sort of disabilities I'd dealt with and I said something like "various things, from parkinson's to a man who was paraylsed from the neck down". I wouldn't have said anything about missing limbs because I've never seen anyone with that sort of condition. The bit about the "car accident" came later, because you thought it would be very difficult to have sex with someone who's that paralysed and I said he was a lot of fun and knew what he was about sexually. You were still confused, so I said that if he was vanilla before his accident, he'd broadened his horizons since. It was then that you suggested he'd been in a car accident. I might have said something like, "A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes", but that would be as a reason for people in general to pay for sex, not specifically disabled people, so quoting it as you did is misleading. Yes of course it's not like you've outed me, and my birth certificate doesn't say "Anika", but there was nothing to stop you from telling me that you wanted to print this stuff after all, and I think most people would consider it a poor reflection on you that you prefer to operate opaquely. Anika Mae

6:25pm Mon 28 Jan 13

leobrighton says...

The Argus just gets worse and worse.
The Argus just gets worse and worse. leobrighton

6:48pm Mon 28 Jan 13

anubis says...

Not a single word in the 'Argus' report would justify the Council (or anybody else) spending a single penny of public money 'investigating' this matter -- the sex workers provide an important service to those most in need of it ....

Clearly the 'Argus' story is flawed -- but the chances are it's the editors rather than the reporter who need to be rebuked (reporters usually submit their copy in good faith, but rarely know, in advance, what gets printed!)
Not a single word in the 'Argus' report would justify the Council (or anybody else) spending a single penny of public money 'investigating' this matter -- the sex workers provide an important service to those most in need of it .... Clearly the 'Argus' story is flawed -- but the chances are it's the editors rather than the reporter who need to be rebuked (reporters usually submit their copy in good faith, but rarely know, in advance, what gets printed!) anubis

6:54pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Nitrous_McBread says...

There's a despicable tone to this stupid article. Next week, are you going to "lift the lid" on some residents getting pizza deliveries?

As long as the POVA (Protection of Vulnerable Adults) scheme is in place, what's the story here? (Apart from the same old prurient, ill-researched Argus drivel...)
There's a despicable tone to this stupid article. Next week, are you going to "lift the lid" on some residents getting pizza deliveries? As long as the POVA (Protection of Vulnerable Adults) scheme is in place, what's the story here? (Apart from the same old prurient, ill-researched Argus drivel...) Nitrous_McBread

7:39pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Dirk Von Roden says...

as the Patients/service users are paying and making arrangements themselves its got beggar all to do with anyone else!
Fair play to the staff for beng so acomodating in helping their charges full fill their urges! and while I am here can they pass me the number and a Price list!!??? cheers!! lol I am disabled and I still get the urge!after all we are still human! and For petes sake it the 21st century !Perhaps as one f the earlier comments stated "the authorities would be better spending any investigation monies on catching the Paedophiles who are more than likely still operating around the country Sussex included!!
as the Patients/service users are paying and making arrangements themselves its got beggar all to do with anyone else! Fair play to the staff for beng so acomodating in helping their charges full fill their urges! and while I am here can they pass me the number and a Price list!!??? cheers!! lol I am disabled and I still get the urge!after all we are still human! and For petes sake it the 21st century !Perhaps as one f the earlier comments stated "the authorities would be better spending any investigation monies on catching the Paedophiles who are more than likely still operating around the country Sussex included!! Dirk Von Roden

8:18pm Mon 28 Jan 13

hubby says...

Can you get it on the NHS or maybe some kind of voucher scheme applies?
Can you get it on the NHS or maybe some kind of voucher scheme applies? hubby

10:09pm Mon 28 Jan 13

668 The neighbour of the beast says...

I asked my accountant if I should be registered as a sex worker. She asked me why. I told her I felt the tax man had been having it away with me for years.
I asked my accountant if I should be registered as a sex worker. She asked me why. I told her I felt the tax man had been having it away with me for years. 668 The neighbour of the beast

12:04am Tue 29 Jan 13

Morgyn the Mighty says...

Bill_Gardner wrote:
Anika Mae wrote:
The reporter who called me claimed to be doing background research and never mentioned printing my name, and apparently it's just there for padding anyway since my disabled clients have primarily been people living independently, and I've never been to care home in my life. The bit about missing limbs came straight out of the reporter's imagination, as did the reason for my client's paralysis. I didn't say anything about disabled people who've never had sex before as I have no experience of this, and my argument was that my clients have the same range of reasons for visiting me whether they have a disability or not.

I already knew standards at The Argus were bad, but I'm going to have to refuse to say anything to the next person who calls from there. Maybe I'll make the news even so!
Anika Mae,

Unfortunately you are wrong. I've looked back through my notebook and everything quoted in the article is verbatim, including the part about missing limbs and disabled people who have never had sex before.

Your name is readily available on an escort website. And there is no suggestion that you have ever visited care homes. Your quotes appear as part of a wider section about sex surrogacy.

Regards

Bill
Hang your head in shame, Bill Gardner. It's you who've been outed, in all your prurience, by Brighton's brainiest hooker.
[quote][p][bold]Bill_Gardner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anika Mae[/bold] wrote: The reporter who called me claimed to be doing background research and never mentioned printing my name, and apparently it's just there for padding anyway since my disabled clients have primarily been people living independently, and I've never been to care home in my life. The bit about missing limbs came straight out of the reporter's imagination, as did the reason for my client's paralysis. I didn't say anything about disabled people who've never had sex before as I have no experience of this, and my argument was that my clients have the same range of reasons for visiting me whether they have a disability or not. I already knew standards at The Argus were bad, but I'm going to have to refuse to say anything to the next person who calls from there. Maybe I'll make the news even so![/p][/quote]Anika Mae, Unfortunately you are wrong. I've looked back through my notebook and everything quoted in the article is verbatim, including the part about missing limbs and disabled people who have never had sex before. Your name is readily available on an escort website. And there is no suggestion that you have ever visited care homes. Your quotes appear as part of a wider section about sex surrogacy. Regards Bill[/p][/quote]Hang your head in shame, Bill Gardner. It's you who've been outed, in all your prurience, by Brighton's brainiest hooker. Morgyn the Mighty

9:03am Tue 29 Jan 13

lillylou says...

Err dirty pervs I bet the manager hides in the cupboard watching doin self service it's a brothel !!!
Err dirty pervs I bet the manager hides in the cupboard watching doin self service it's a brothel !!! lillylou

9:04am Tue 29 Jan 13

lillylou says...

Is it taxpayers money ???
Is it taxpayers money ??? lillylou

9:06am Tue 29 Jan 13

lillylou says...

Human rights my .... What about human rights of women who have kids their made to feel its unnatural to be a mother yet typical men are allowed to have there human perv rights !!!
Human rights my .... What about human rights of women who have kids their made to feel its unnatural to be a mother yet typical men are allowed to have there human perv rights !!! lillylou

9:15am Tue 29 Jan 13

Andy R says...

alice1 wrote:
Who is paying the call girls to give them sexual relief could not see it mentioned in the argus article ?
It is mentioned in the article, and don't worry, it isn't you!
[quote][p][bold]alice1[/bold] wrote: Who is paying the call girls to give them sexual relief could not see it mentioned in the argus article ?[/p][/quote]It is mentioned in the article, and don't worry, it isn't you! Andy R

1:27pm Tue 29 Jan 13

mhaiti says...

Anika Mae wrote:
Bill, your notes are wrong and the quotes certainly aren't verbatim. You asked me what sort of disabilities I'd dealt with and I said something like "various things, from parkinson's to a man who was paraylsed from the neck down". I wouldn't have said anything about missing limbs because I've never seen anyone with that sort of condition. The bit about the "car accident" came later, because you thought it would be very difficult to have sex with someone who's that paralysed and I said he was a lot of fun and knew what he was about sexually. You were still confused, so I said that if he was vanilla before his accident, he'd broadened his horizons since. It was then that you suggested he'd been in a car accident. I might have said something like, "A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes", but that would be as a reason for people in general to pay for sex, not specifically disabled people, so quoting it as you did is misleading. Yes of course it's not like you've outed me, and my birth certificate doesn't say "Anika", but there was nothing to stop you from telling me that you wanted to print this stuff after all, and I think most people would consider it a poor reflection on you that you prefer to operate opaquely.
Bill seems to have gone a bit quiet.
[quote][p][bold]Anika Mae[/bold] wrote: Bill, your notes are wrong and the quotes certainly aren't verbatim. You asked me what sort of disabilities I'd dealt with and I said something like "various things, from parkinson's to a man who was paraylsed from the neck down". I wouldn't have said anything about missing limbs because I've never seen anyone with that sort of condition. The bit about the "car accident" came later, because you thought it would be very difficult to have sex with someone who's that paralysed and I said he was a lot of fun and knew what he was about sexually. You were still confused, so I said that if he was vanilla before his accident, he'd broadened his horizons since. It was then that you suggested he'd been in a car accident. I might have said something like, "A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes", but that would be as a reason for people in general to pay for sex, not specifically disabled people, so quoting it as you did is misleading. Yes of course it's not like you've outed me, and my birth certificate doesn't say "Anika", but there was nothing to stop you from telling me that you wanted to print this stuff after all, and I think most people would consider it a poor reflection on you that you prefer to operate opaquely.[/p][/quote]Bill seems to have gone a bit quiet. mhaiti

2:02pm Tue 29 Jan 13

Flippin Burghers says...

Great. Where do I sign?
Great. Where do I sign? Flippin Burghers

2:19pm Tue 29 Jan 13

RickH says...

mhaiti wrote:
Anika Mae wrote: Bill, your notes are wrong and the quotes certainly aren't verbatim. You asked me what sort of disabilities I'd dealt with and I said something like "various things, from parkinson's to a man who was paraylsed from the neck down". I wouldn't have said anything about missing limbs because I've never seen anyone with that sort of condition. The bit about the "car accident" came later, because you thought it would be very difficult to have sex with someone who's that paralysed and I said he was a lot of fun and knew what he was about sexually. You were still confused, so I said that if he was vanilla before his accident, he'd broadened his horizons since. It was then that you suggested he'd been in a car accident. I might have said something like, "A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes", but that would be as a reason for people in general to pay for sex, not specifically disabled people, so quoting it as you did is misleading. Yes of course it's not like you've outed me, and my birth certificate doesn't say "Anika", but there was nothing to stop you from telling me that you wanted to print this stuff after all, and I think most people would consider it a poor reflection on you that you prefer to operate opaquely.
Bill seems to have gone a bit quiet.
I am aware that one other person "quoted" in this article has issued a public statement indicating issues around being quoted out of context. Good job you've those 'verbatim' notes!
[quote][p][bold]mhaiti[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Anika Mae[/bold] wrote: Bill, your notes are wrong and the quotes certainly aren't verbatim. You asked me what sort of disabilities I'd dealt with and I said something like "various things, from parkinson's to a man who was paraylsed from the neck down". I wouldn't have said anything about missing limbs because I've never seen anyone with that sort of condition. The bit about the "car accident" came later, because you thought it would be very difficult to have sex with someone who's that paralysed and I said he was a lot of fun and knew what he was about sexually. You were still confused, so I said that if he was vanilla before his accident, he'd broadened his horizons since. It was then that you suggested he'd been in a car accident. I might have said something like, "A lot of people haven’t had sex for a long time, if ever. It’s good for people to have some relief sometimes", but that would be as a reason for people in general to pay for sex, not specifically disabled people, so quoting it as you did is misleading. Yes of course it's not like you've outed me, and my birth certificate doesn't say "Anika", but there was nothing to stop you from telling me that you wanted to print this stuff after all, and I think most people would consider it a poor reflection on you that you prefer to operate opaquely.[/p][/quote]Bill seems to have gone a bit quiet.[/p][/quote]I am aware that one other person "quoted" in this article has issued a public statement indicating issues around being quoted out of context. Good job you've those 'verbatim' notes! RickH

4:33pm Tue 29 Jan 13

clubrob6 says...

Take it Personally wrote:
Jimmy Stewart's Imaginary Rabbit wrote:
If the 'sex workers' are doing it of their own free will (i.e. not being controlled by pimps) I'm struggling to see any problem with this at all.
Exactly!
I cant understand why a story like this is front page news in the argus,disabled people have their needs.I think its picking on disabled prople .
[quote][p][bold]Take it Personally[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jimmy Stewart's Imaginary Rabbit[/bold] wrote: If the 'sex workers' are doing it of their own free will (i.e. not being controlled by pimps) I'm struggling to see any problem with this at all.[/p][/quote]Exactly![/p][/quote]I cant understand why a story like this is front page news in the argus,disabled people have their needs.I think its picking on disabled prople . clubrob6

9:00pm Tue 29 Jan 13

lillylou says...

Pervs
Pervs lillylou

9:46pm Tue 29 Jan 13

racehill says...

The report gives the working name of one of the females as Velvet Venus. On her website she describes herself as being in her early 60's.She must be working to supplement her pension.
Perhaps her need for gratification is as great as that of the clents.
The report gives the working name of one of the females as Velvet Venus. On her website she describes herself as being in her early 60's.She must be working to supplement her pension. Perhaps her need for gratification is as great as that of the clents. racehill

1:40pm Wed 30 Jan 13

Flippin Burghers says...

Dirk Von Roden wrote:
as the Patients/service users are paying and making arrangements themselves its got beggar all to do with anyone else!
Fair play to the staff for beng so acomodating in helping their charges full fill their urges! and while I am here can they pass me the number and a Price list!!??? cheers!! lol I am disabled and I still get the urge!after all we are still human! and For petes sake it the 21st century !Perhaps as one f the earlier comments stated "the authorities would be better spending any investigation monies on catching the Paedophiles who are more than likely still operating around the country Sussex included!!
Herr Von Rodeo speaks the truth.
[quote][p][bold]Dirk Von Roden[/bold] wrote: as the Patients/service users are paying and making arrangements themselves its got beggar all to do with anyone else! Fair play to the staff for beng so acomodating in helping their charges full fill their urges! and while I am here can they pass me the number and a Price list!!??? cheers!! lol I am disabled and I still get the urge!after all we are still human! and For petes sake it the 21st century !Perhaps as one f the earlier comments stated "the authorities would be better spending any investigation monies on catching the Paedophiles who are more than likely still operating around the country Sussex included!![/p][/quote]Herr Von Rodeo speaks the truth. Flippin Burghers

4:56am Thu 31 Jan 13

alice1 says...

Reading this reminds me of the film they made about Cynthia Payne(madam) i wonder if they will have police raids now at the home.. they have advertised whats going on just a knocking shop with a diffrents
Reading this reminds me of the film they made about Cynthia Payne(madam) i wonder if they will have police raids now at the home.. they have advertised whats going on just a knocking shop with a diffrents alice1

8:44am Thu 31 Jan 13

lillylou says...

Do the female patience get to have some with male prostitutes ???
Do the female patience get to have some with male prostitutes ??? lillylou

10:14pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Prince of Mince says...

lillylou wrote:
Do the female patience get to have some with male prostitutes ???
Yes of course, if they want to...nowhere does it say it's exclusively for blokes!
[quote][p][bold]lillylou[/bold] wrote: Do the female patience get to have some with male prostitutes ???[/p][/quote]Yes of course, if they want to...nowhere does it say it's exclusively for blokes! Prince of Mince

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree