Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Business bosses of the future... in Brighton and Hove
7:50pm Monday 28th January 2013 in News
A college has showcased its entrepreneurial talent.
Nigel Lambe, entrepreneur in residence at City College Brighton and Hove, hosted a gathering of students who are members of his “enterprise group”.
The managing director of Small Batch Coffee and brewery WD King gave the students tutorials and advice on how to develop their business ideas.
The event, at the College’s Gallery Restaurant, was attended by many of the college’s influential partners in the local business community, including representatives from Prime Care, Brighton and Hove City Council, the Gingerman Group and the Brighton and Hove Economic Partnership.
Itziar Leighton, City College’s head of enterprise and business, said: “The evening was a great success and having such an inspirational and innovative group of people in one room definitely inspired both the students and the staff.”
Student Eleni Mettyear, who showcased her Yeah Baby! clothing brand, said: “It was a brilliant opportunity to meet key people.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion apologise to Palace over dressing room incident
- Resting place found for skull discovered on West Sussex beach
- Superheroes step out in Brighton for African charity
- Man killed in Hove street shooting named as Xhem Krasniqi
- Port alert launched as police hunt for gunman in fatal Hove triple shooting