Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Year of the Snake celebration in Brighton
7:40am Wednesday 30th January 2013 in News
A colourful stage performance will usher in the Chinese Year of the Snake.
The new year event at Hove Town Hall on Sunday from midday and 4.30pm is organised by Brighton-based Chinese Educational Development Project.
Mayor of Brighton Bill Randall, Lord Lieutenant for East Sussex Peter Field and the First Secretary of the Chinese Embassy have been invited.
The event will include information stalls, art workshops, food festival stalls and end with volunteer awards.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- WITH VIDEO: Lorry stuck under bridge in Hove
- Van drove off after three-car accident
- Police appeal for Eastern European language speakers in recruitment blitz
- Police seek men who ran from hit and run
- Giant life-size statues at sizeable exhibit