Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton teen sentenced to 15 years for rape
5:20pm Wednesday 30th January 2013 in News
A teenager has been jailed for 15 years after being convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl.
Christopher Hills, 19, of Downland Road, Brighton, was sentenced at Brighton Crown Court for three offences of rape and two offences of sexual assault by penetration on the girl.
Judge Paul Tain described the offences, which occurred between September 1, 2011, and June 21, 2012, in Brighton as “awful and horrendous”.
Detective Constable Paul Hitchcock said: “This was an extremely serious course of conduct against the same young victim.
“Christopher Hills has systematically sexually abused her over a long period of time for his own gratification and shown no remorse.
“The victim has shown great courage throughout the prosecution process and has expressed her |relief at the long sentence as she can now begin to rebuild her life.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work