Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Overseas volunteering opportunities
8:10am Thursday 31st January 2013 in News
A charity is inviting potential volunteers to come and learn about their new projects.
Concordia, based in Portslade, works with 80 non-profit partner organisations from 60 countries to offer medium and short term community volunteering opportunities all around the world.
The group has more than 1,500 projects available to participate in from March 2013 for anybody over the age of 18 and an enthusiasm to volunteer overseas. There are also selected projects for over 16s.
A spokesman said: “Concordia would like to invite the readers of The Argus to come and learn more about our exciting volunteer projects this year during our open day on Saturday, February 2 between 11am and 5pm at Community Base, 113 Queen’s Road, Brighton.”
For more information contact Francesco Bonini on 01273 422 218 or visit www.concordiavolunteers.org.uk
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police warn - do not approach men wanted in connection with Hove shooting murder
- Bedroom tax campaign threatened with eviction
- Slump in the number of Sussex beaches recieving Blue Flag awards
- Get excited Mayniacs - Conor Maynard is headlining at Brighton festival
- Runaway racoon returns to East Sussex zoo after three weeks