Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hospital staff in appeal over A&E visits
7:30am Friday 1st February 2013 in News
Hospital staff have issued an urgent appeal for people to stop and think before going to accident and emergency.
The county’s hospitals are extremely busy as snow and ice have added to the usually hectic winter period.
People who should be seeking help from their GPs, pharmacists or getting better at home are still going to hospital. Staff need to care for patients who are seriously ill but are overrun with people who have colds and flu or the winter sickness and diarrhoea bug.
Many people going to hospital would get faster, more convenient help if they spoke to a qualified pharmacist, contacted their local GP, called NHS Direct, or used the out-of-hours GP service in Sussex, Harmoni.
To find all the local healthcare options visit the NHS Sussex website at www.westsussex.nhs.uk and click on ‘Get the right treatment’.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Hundreds of Brighton comedy fans wait for their heroes
- Whitehawk pupil draws up new character
- Burgess Hill post office to close for revamp