Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Jacob chosen for opera role
12:30pm Saturday 2nd February 2013 in News
A talented Worthing schoolboy has been selected to join the award-winning Grand Opera of Belarus.
Jacob Toms-Parr, pictured, will be starring in the performance of Madame Butterfly at Worthing’s Pavillion Theatre on February 23.
The six-year-old will be playing the role of Butterfly’s young son.
Mandy Chapman, the principal of Glendale Theatre Arts, where Jacob is a pupil, said: “I am thrilled that Jacob is performing in Madame Butterfly.
“He is a bright and talented little boy and I’m sure this is the first of many, many shows for him.
“He works so hard in his classes and has a determination and focus well ahead of his years.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Brighton Half Marathon places are selling in record time
- TV comic Hugh will open new school buildings