Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Fire at Brighton school
10:15am Monday 4th February 2013 in News
Firefighters were called to Brighton Hove High School yesterday (February 3) to investigate a strong smell of burning.
Six fire engines, as well as the aerial ladder platform, were sent to the school in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 5.10am.
They found the school heavily smoke-logged, due to a small electrical fire.
No-one was injured or evacuated and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Crews left the incident an hour later.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work