A former beaver leader who sexually abused a child during after-school activities has been jailed.
Jason Asthana, 32, was jailed for four years and eight months when he appeared at Hove Crown Court for sentencing for offences of sexual assault and inciting a child to commit a sexual act.
He was convicted following a trial last year. He had previously admitted 20 counts of downloading indecent images of children.
Detective Constable Dani Flude said: “The victim in this case has been deeply affected by what happened to him.
“He suffered twice, first from the actual offending and then by having to re-live it in court.
“He has been very brave and it is very much due to him that justice has now been done.”
Asthana, of Coombe Close, Billingshurst, was also banned from ever working with children.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Tributes paid to pair, aged 21 and 22, killed in horror BMW smash
- Brighton Gogglebox family axed after dad reveals UKIP election plans
- Disabled man threatened with arrest after handing out food to the homeless in Brighton
- Paca head James Fox fired after investigation into student registration
- Five-year-old girl knocked down by car dies in hospital