A former beaver leader who sexually abused a child during after-school activities has been jailed.
Jason Asthana, 32, was jailed for four years and eight months when he appeared at Hove Crown Court for sentencing for offences of sexual assault and inciting a child to commit a sexual act.
He was convicted following a trial last year. He had previously admitted 20 counts of downloading indecent images of children.
Detective Constable Dani Flude said: “The victim in this case has been deeply affected by what happened to him.
“He suffered twice, first from the actual offending and then by having to re-live it in court.
“He has been very brave and it is very much due to him that justice has now been done.”
Asthana, of Coombe Close, Billingshurst, was also banned from ever working with children.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Student attack victim was failed by university
- Comrade has 'blood on hands' over 'friendly fire' death, soldier's family says
- £58 million council budgets slash
- Talks to be held in bid to end Southern chaos
- Inspirational volunteer up for national award