A former beaver leader who sexually abused a child during after-school activities has been jailed.
Jason Asthana, 32, was jailed for four years and eight months when he appeared at Hove Crown Court for sentencing for offences of sexual assault and inciting a child to commit a sexual act.
He was convicted following a trial last year. He had previously admitted 20 counts of downloading indecent images of children.
Detective Constable Dani Flude said: “The victim in this case has been deeply affected by what happened to him.
“He suffered twice, first from the actual offending and then by having to re-live it in court.
“He has been very brave and it is very much due to him that justice has now been done.”
Asthana, of Coombe Close, Billingshurst, was also banned from ever working with children.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years
- Polegate councillor appears in court charged with attempted murder of wife
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Angry residents confront councillors and school boss over plans to take over popular park