A former beaver leader who sexually abused a child during after-school activities has been jailed.
Jason Asthana, 32, was jailed for four years and eight months when he appeared at Hove Crown Court for sentencing for offences of sexual assault and inciting a child to commit a sexual act.
He was convicted following a trial last year. He had previously admitted 20 counts of downloading indecent images of children.
Detective Constable Dani Flude said: “The victim in this case has been deeply affected by what happened to him.
“He suffered twice, first from the actual offending and then by having to re-live it in court.
“He has been very brave and it is very much due to him that justice has now been done.”
Asthana, of Coombe Close, Billingshurst, was also banned from ever working with children.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Family and East Sussex coroner critical of New York Police Department after death of 28-year-old woman mowed down by a car
- Council officer and former special constable showered gifts and cash on boy he then sexually abused
- Mum claims she was told to stop breastfeeding by headteacher
- Farmer shoots dead black Labrador for killing three sheep and injuring another
- Brighton-born father of six recalls the harrowing days of being evacuated from Dunkirk 75-years ago