Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Children's places available for Brighton mini marathon
7:00am Tuesday 5th February 2013 in News
Organisers of the Brighton Marathon's races for children say they are on course for a record entry this year.
More than 1,000 children and teenagers have already signed up for the Shlurp! Mini Mile races, which take place on the morning of the marathon on April 14.
They are for those too young to take part in the main event itself but who want to experience some of the atmosphere of the big day.
The races are run along the final mile of the marathon route to the finish line on Madeira Drive.
In 2012 a massive 1,703 youngsters crossed the finish line, but with entries already 32% higher than this time last year, that figure could well be broken.
The event is open to children between the ages of seven and 17.
The races are age-banded and all entrants will receive a t-shirt to race in and be given a medal and goody bag when they finish.
To enter, visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
It costs £9.50 to take part with a late entry fee of £15 charged from March onwards.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work