An elderly driver who died when his car collided with a road sign on the A23 has been named.
Leo Marks, 95, of Saddlescombe Road, Saddlescombe, north of Brighton, was seriously injured on January 23 when his Toyota Starlet car left the road at Pyecombe.
Police said the vehicle appeared to have spun in the northbound carriageway near the Texaco garage at the junction of West Road at about 4.10pm.
The vehicle then hit a large street sign.
Mr Marks was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with serious injuries but died on February 1.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- School sports day cancelled due to hot weather
- Four Sussex restaurants make industry's top 100
- Police discover more than £150,000 worth of drugs while investigating burglary
- Wolves fan jailed and four others sentenced after fight following match against Albion
- Can you help find two boys, 12 and 13, who have gone missing?