An elderly driver who died when his car collided with a road sign on the A23 has been named.
Leo Marks, 95, of Saddlescombe Road, Saddlescombe, north of Brighton, was seriously injured on January 23 when his Toyota Starlet car left the road at Pyecombe.
Police said the vehicle appeared to have spun in the northbound carriageway near the Texaco garage at the junction of West Road at about 4.10pm.
The vehicle then hit a large street sign.
Mr Marks was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with serious injuries but died on February 1.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Woman sexually assaulted in Brighton alleyway
- Man arrested after five Brighton and Hove betting shops are vandalised
- In The Dock: Three people who have appeared in court from Hove
- Residents evacuated in flat fire
- Kitten sealed inside plastic box and thrown over Portslade fence