Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Picture of London Road armed siege
This dramatic picture shows a man on the floor following an armed siege last night.
The incident led to Preston Circus in Brighton and the roads surrounding it being closed for more than an hour.
This morning a 30-year-old was still in custody having been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences.
Police said they were called to reports of a man with "a gun at a flat in London Road".
A spokeswoman added: "No-one was injured in the incident and Sussex Police would like to thank people for their patience while the roads were closed."
The Argus was at the scene and spoke to people involved.
For the full story see tomorrow's newspaper.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove 20mph zone set to extend out to Hangleton, Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Saltdean and Rottingdean
- Sussex Police trials drones
- Brighton and Hove car ownership declines
- Car fire at Preston Circus delays Brighton traffic
- Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts - Met Office issues fog warning for tomorrow
Comments are closed on this article.