Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Southwick, Hove and Portslade flasher behind bars
12:44pm Tuesday 5th February 2013 in News
A flasher who targeted women and young girls has been jailed for a string of sex offences.
Spencer Pledge drove slowly around in his car while pleasuring himself in front of horrified onlookers.
He also flashed at females in Southwick, Hove and Portslade.
Now the 36-year-old of Chalky Road, Portslade, had been jailed for 34 months after admitting a string of sex offences at Lewes Crown Court.
He admitted four offences of sexual activity in the presence of ten, 11 and 12-year-old girls in Kingston Broadway, Shoreham, Downlands Avenue, Southwick, Stoney Lane, Portslade, and Egmont Road, Hove, between June 2010 and May last year He pleaded guilty to making and having indecent photographs of children.
He was also convicted of outraging public decency in the presence of three ten-year-olds and two women.
The court was told when detectives and computer specialists seized and examined his computers they found videos Pledge had made of himself carrying out some of the acts, with some girls in the background.
'Offensive and distressing'
Detective Constable Lindsey Van-Buiten said: “Pledge had acted in a most offensive and distressing way towards these young girls.
“Some didn’t know quite how to report it at the time, but they and their families have given their full co-operation to this inquiry.
“Pledge’s offending was made even worse by his videoing of some of his acts, and also by, separately, downloading indecent images of children from the internet, all for his own gratification.
“There is no evidence that he physically assaulted any children, but we are relieved that his offending has been brought to a close.”
Pledge was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register and he was made the subject of a Sexual Offenders Prevention Order designed to prevent him having any access to children.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man crushed to death in rubbish bin
- UPDATE: Traffic chaos as subsidence hits seafront road
- Officer numbers to fall as part of £81 million target for police cuts
- Knives and airguns just some of the weapons found in schools
- Father may travel to Syria to find his sons
Comments are closed on this article.