Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Fraudster jailed for conning 90-year-old man out of £240K
- 'Shops are growing target for criminals ', claims councillor
- Family could become homeless due to lack of housing
- £280m A27 scheme ditched by minister
- Three vehicle accident causes severe delays on A27