Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four serving police officers under investigation over handling of reported Jimmy Savile sex assualt
- Rooftop man pleads guilty to wasting police time after 30 officers involved in four and a half hour standoff
- Man exposes himself to 13-year-old while urinating in street - can you help with police appeal?
- Prison officer set upon by three inmates in Lewes Prison is hospitalised
- UPDATE: A21 closed both ways due to serious accident with severe delays