Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caroline Lucas throws her hat in the ring to be Green Party leader
- Council criticised over £250,000 costs to recruit senior staff only for some to leave their jobs months later
- Family chosen to be faces of children's hospice campaign
- Pupils learn maths and literacy through football
- Bus pasta not bus pass - Italian restaurant teams up with sightseeing double-decker