Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Baby boy and father critical after fire in nail bar
- A bit of Bondi to Brighton? Plans revealed for new £3 million swimming and leisure hotspot
- Warning issued after child suffers life threatening head injury
- Woman grabbed from behind and sexually assaulted while walking alone
- The Paris House pub refuses to serve alcohol to soldier using his military ID as proof of age