Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Daughter's disbelief as father's murderer escapes authorities for FOURTH time
- King Alfred leisure site project hit by further delay
- Relatives blame social workers over death of "cheeky cheerful chappie"
- Latest Sussex news, traffic and weather updates for Tuesday, September 27
- Hunt for man in sex attack on teenager in Brighton