Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Permanent travellers site cost is rise to £2.4 million due to fears of pollution health risk
- Russian man attempts to outwit 10p machine on Palace Pier with a magnet
- 50 people argued, shouted over each other and walked out at Wild Life festival meeting
- Warning: ‘beware of snakes’ as second dog killed in attack
- Bodies of Crawley couple are being flown home