Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Tributes to player, 31, who collapsed and died on football pitch
- Man found lying in road with life threatening injuries
- Man, 52, held on suspicion of rape
- Anger as residents claim they are ‘kept in the dark’ over hostel plans
- ‘Scrap rates so we can compete’