Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Budget meeting stalemate
- Death of five-year-old boy in Algarve swimming pool was an accident
- Campaigners march on Hove Town Hall calling for no cuts to Children's Centres
- Extra £60 million handed to Royal Sussex County Hospital development project
- Man, 72, arrested after woman, 48, is raped in an alleyway after night out