Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Patient transfer 'will not be affected by strike' says boss
- Thousands of patients forced to find new GP as practice prepares to close
- Dozens of adults and children take part in Albion in the Commuinity tournament
- PICTURES: Brighton Mod Weekender
- Bride will have to walk down the aisle on crutches after remote-control car rams into her and breaks her leg