Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Webcam from Brighton front room hacked and uploaded onto Russian website
- Sussex Police issue warning to mobile phone users including owners of iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and Sony
- Pensioner killed wife amid fears over affair
- Mitsubishi crashes into lamppost outside Ladies Mile Pub
- Hove father sent text message to loved ones before killing himself