Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Prolific conman on the run after allegedly defrauding lover of £850,000
- Call for greater police presence to stop neighbourhood being turned into "no-go area"
- Department of Health: ‘Allegations of illegally operating ambulances are very serious and need to be investigated’
- Bar explosion: 'We don't know why anyone would want to do this. Thankfully no-one was hurt'
- Ex-homeless entrepreneur's rags to riches story