Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Main route into Brighton city centre closed after medical incident
- Biggest cliff fall in 50 years hits beauty spot
- Hove estate agent tells tribunal of sexual harassment at Worthing firm
- Police looking for woman who "damaged washing machine"
- Man arrested following police car chase