Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Residents angry over late-night violence and drug dealing at popular student night
- Business plan for city bike scheme must be improved
- Top Tory makes pizza at Hove restaurant chain where apprenticeship pledge is announced
- Woman calls 999 and asks for firefighters after she discovers "large spider" in her house
- Father cheats death as roof caves in around him