Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Kitten killer walks free from court
- Europeans fret over post-Brexit future
- Students’ learning 'at risk' at a City College Brighton and Hove
- UPDATE: The Conservative leadership list as Boris bails
- MP brands rail company's award for passenger experience a joke