Fire-fighters used an aerial rescue platform to bring a cat down from a roof.
Charlie the cat was stuck on the roof of a house in the Sanctuary area of Eastbourne’s old town. It had been trapped for more than 24 hours.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue service said the cat was in a distressed state.
He said. “It was classed as a humanitarian rescue. The cat’s owner’s were waiting patiently on the pavement to collect Charlie.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATED: Mother of mentally ill road murder accused says he was failed by health experts
- Armed officers raid flat following two hour stand off
- Teenage cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run
- Government 'must make up its mind' on airport expansion
- UPDATED: 'Expect delays for rest of week', train passengers warned