Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton gun siege man released on bail
A 30-year-old man arrested after an armed siege in London Road, Brighton, on Monday night (February 4), has been released on bail.
The man was held after armed police cordoned off an area of the road shortly after 7.30pm on Monday.
Eventually a man emerged from a flat and said: "Don't shoot."
He was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Sussex Police confirmed this morning that he has been released on bail until March 13 while they investigate further.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day
- Police investigate spate of car crime across Sussex
- Sussex Police get Chinese book of sayings as thank you gift
- Card-skimming device found attached to Ferring cash point