Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hundreds call for crossing near Brighton college
10:30am Wednesday 6th February 2013 in News
Hundreds of people are calling for a new road crossing near a busy college.
Rohan Lowe, of Brighton and Hove Youth Council, presented a petition of more than 550 signatures to Brighton and Hove City Council calling for measures in Pelham Street.
The area is considered dangerous by those attending City College Brighton and Hove as people cross from building to building.
Mr Lowe said: “This is due to high traffic and reckless speed from some drivers. Many near misses have already taken place and it’s only a matter of time before something more serious occurs.”
The petition has been referred to the council’s next transport committee meeting.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a teenage girl
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- A deserved Angel for guest director Michael Rosen
- Three arrests in Hove shooting murder
- Police plan anniversary visit to scene of Hove murder