Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brass rails stolen from Bexhill flats
8:22am Thursday 7th February 2013 in News
Six brass “grab rails” have been stolen from a block of flats.
They were taken from the building in West Parade, Bexhill, sometime between Monday night and the early hours of Tuesday.
Sergeant Stuart Mullins, of Bexhill neighbourhood policing team, said: "I'd like to urge anyone with brass door or wall furniture to keep an eye out for anyone acting suspiciously and report them if a crime is happening or about to happen.
"It seems these rails may have been stolen for their scrap metal value so I'd also like to ask scrap metal dealers to be on the look out and report anyone trying to sell such items."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Susssex Police on 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Union announces further strike action after negotiation talks crumble
- Looking back: Budgie not just a pretty boy then!
- Union’s anger at frontline care plans in West Sussex
- Huge shingle moving operation to improve coastal defence in Shoreham and Lancing
- Sussex anti-frackers in tea party protest