A TV professor made pupils’ D:REAMs come true when he led a science lesson from their school hall.
BBC presenter Professor Brian Cox led a science lesson at Rydon Community College in Rock Road, Storrington, after one of the school’s pupils won a national competition.
Pupils from 1,200 other schools also tuned in to a live streaming of the science presenter’s lesson as part of the competition prize organised by The Big Bang UK Young Scientists and Engineers Fair.
Principal Allison Murphy said: “It has been fantastic. The kids have been so excited.
“One of our children said it was like a dream and the best day at school he had ever had.
“He told pupils that in ten or 20 years’ time they could be on Mars or working on the Large Hadron Collider, which was very inspirational.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- New £4.5 million open air pool will be first of its kind in the country
- Pressure mounts on Sussex Police to explain involvement in monitoring of MP Caroline Lucas
- Party loyalties split over EU issue as referendum debate hots up
- 400 jobs set to go at Kate's Cakes factory
- Artists Open Houses returns with 60 new exhibitions