Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Professor Brian Cox takes science class at Sussex school
10:30am Thursday 7th February 2013 in News
A TV professor made pupils’ D:REAMs come true when he led a science lesson from their school hall.
BBC presenter Professor Brian Cox led a science lesson at Rydon Community College in Rock Road, Storrington, after one of the school’s pupils won a national competition.
Pupils from 1,200 other schools also tuned in to a live streaming of the science presenter’s lesson as part of the competition prize organised by The Big Bang UK Young Scientists and Engineers Fair.
Principal Allison Murphy said: “It has been fantastic. The kids have been so excited.
“One of our children said it was like a dream and the best day at school he had ever had.
“He told pupils that in ten or 20 years’ time they could be on Mars or working on the Large Hadron Collider, which was very inspirational.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Firefighters scale down Eastbourne Pier operation as police appeal for witnesses
- Robbers jailed after holding up cash van
- Drunk foreign students ‘put themselves at risk’
- Power cut affecting Brighton seafront businesses
Comments are closed on this article.