A TV professor made pupils’ D:REAMs come true when he led a science lesson from their school hall.
BBC presenter Professor Brian Cox led a science lesson at Rydon Community College in Rock Road, Storrington, after one of the school’s pupils won a national competition.
Pupils from 1,200 other schools also tuned in to a live streaming of the science presenter’s lesson as part of the competition prize organised by The Big Bang UK Young Scientists and Engineers Fair.
Principal Allison Murphy said: “It has been fantastic. The kids have been so excited.
“One of our children said it was like a dream and the best day at school he had ever had.
“He told pupils that in ten or 20 years’ time they could be on Mars or working on the Large Hadron Collider, which was very inspirational.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- 'Disgusting' act against charity sculpture as Snowdog vandals strike again
- Home Guard tributes paid to Dad's Army creator
- Multi-million pound losses for developers behind £250 million Brighton regeneration projects
- GBBO: One day left to find out if Sussex-born contestant wins
- Fears of illegal cockle picking at site of special scientific interest