A TV professor made pupils’ D:REAMs come true when he led a science lesson from their school hall.
BBC presenter Professor Brian Cox led a science lesson at Rydon Community College in Rock Road, Storrington, after one of the school’s pupils won a national competition.
Pupils from 1,200 other schools also tuned in to a live streaming of the science presenter’s lesson as part of the competition prize organised by The Big Bang UK Young Scientists and Engineers Fair.
Principal Allison Murphy said: “It has been fantastic. The kids have been so excited.
“One of our children said it was like a dream and the best day at school he had ever had.
“He told pupils that in ten or 20 years’ time they could be on Mars or working on the Large Hadron Collider, which was very inspirational.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- 75-year-old woman mugged in her own home
- December is the worst month for road deaths in Sussex this year with scores of crashes and casualties this week
- ‘Death trap’ cycle lane claims fourth victim
- Interim worker cost double the money of sacked housing chief
- More Brighton and Hove councillors 'will defect to Ukip'