Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Armed police called to reports of pensioner with gun in Peacehaven
Armed police were called to reports of a pensioner with a gun.
The incident took place in Cairo Avenue in Peacehaven at 11.20am yesterday (February 6).
A police spokeswoman said: “Police attended following a report of a resident in his 80s who was believed to have been seen on his property with a firearm.
“Officers attended and spoke with the man. An air weapon was recovered from the address and no offences were considered to have been committed.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove