Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Romanian friends attacked outside Brighton Pavilion
12:34pm Thursday 7th February 2013 in News
A pair of Romanian friends were attacked in the street because of their nationality.
The two Romanian men were attacked while they waited for a bus in the Old Steine between 3am and 3.30am on Friday, January 25.
The victims, aged 21 and 27 and who live in Eastbourne, were questioned about their nationality before they were punched, chased and then punched and kicked again.
Sussex Police said they were treating the assaults as racially aggravated.
The two attackers are described as white with one 6' tall, 21 and wearing a grey sports jacket while the second was a little shorter and aged about 23.
The attackers were in the company of two females at the time of the attack.
Two Romanian friends suffered injuries when they were attacked by two men in Brighton and police are appealing for witnesses and information.
Anyone with information should contact Sussex Police on 101, quoting serial 0361 of January 26.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hungarian man charged with trafficking young women into UK
- Special report: What the City Deal will mean for Greater Brighton
- Poppet the cat's ingrowing claws left her unable to stand
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
Comments are closed on this article.