Two dinner ladies who were part of a syndicate that scooped a £2.1 million lottery win have chosen to keep working.
Janice Dietsche-Ginn and Laura Busby, who both work at Balfour Primary School, have decided to keep their jobs – despite the 7am starts.
The women were both part of a syndicate that won £2,147,580 on the National Lottery at the end of last year.
But now – more than one month on – they are still working at the school.
On Facebook Mrs Dietsche-Ginn, who lives in Brighton, said her job was: “Looking after the children at lunchtime, serving them food.”
She makes no mention of her mammoth win.
The Balfour Road school confirmed that both ladies were still working there but did not want to elaborate |further.
But in a letter to parents, the school said: “As you probably are aware, five of the staff, who work for Eden Services in the kitchens, won the lottery.
“As a result, our cook Carol Beal, her son Gary Beal and another kitchen assistant ,Coris Bondsfield, have chosen to move on and enjoy their winnings.
“These vacancies are being covered in the first instance by Gareth McGahan, Maria Marrocchella and Lauren Harvey. Janice Dietsche-Ginn and Laura Busby will be remaining with us. We wish them all the very best for the future.”
Speaking yesterday (February 6), Mrs Beal, from Brighton, said: “I was thinking of changing my job this year anyway.
“I am having a new granddaughter this month and this will allow me to spend more time with her. Gary has also left the school. He is buying his own home.
"He has previously lived with me and is taking some time to think about what he wants to do.
“I will miss the children at the school but not the early starts and it was hard work. I was on my feet until 3pm.”
She said the family also had plans to travel to Florida and to buy a new car.
She has not yet met up with the rest of the syndicate but said that a reunion was planned shortly.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Fire takes hold at historic seafront bath house
- 75-year-old woman mugged in her own home
- December is the worst month for road deaths in Sussex this year with scores of crashes and casualties this week
- ‘Death trap’ cycle lane claims fourth victim
- Interim worker cost double the money of sacked housing chief