Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Shoreham's new footbridge on course for summer opening
7:10pm Thursday 7th February 2013 in News
A new footbridge is on course to open this summer.
In October the original Shoreham footbridge was closed over safety fears.
Before Christmas workers installed steel beams to support the concrete deck on either side of the new structure.
Over the next few months workers will install more small sections of concrete designed to gradually load the steel beams with weight.
Funding for the £9.8 million project has come from both West Sussex County Council and sustainable transport charity Sustrans.
The new bridge can be used by both pedestrians and cyclists.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work