Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton school pupils' lesson in web safety
7:50pm Thursday 7th February 2013 in News
Cartoons critters helped these schoolchildren learn how to stay safe online.
A Safer Internet Day was held at Disney’s Club Penguin headquarters in Brighton.
Year 4 students from Patcham Junior School took part in a two hour workshop led by Club Penguin staff.
The theme of the day was ‘connect with respect’.
Laura Batten, the head of community at Club Penguin, said: “We want kids to keep safety in the forefront of their minds.
“Kids should be able to have open conversations with parents and teachers so they are not exposed to harm.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future
- Still time to join the Ribbonwalk at Petworth House