Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Chair of University of Sussex governing body to step down
10:10am Saturday 9th February 2013 in News
A broadcaster is to retire from his role with a university.
Simon Fanshawe says he will step down from his current role as the chair of the University of Sussex governing body when his second term of office ends in July.
Mr Fanshawe was a law student at the university from 1975-78 and has been an independent member of the university’s council since 2001 and chair since August 2007.
Under his chairmanship, the university has seen a large growth in student numbers and £150 million of capital development.
He was made an OBE for his services to higher education in the New Year’s Honours.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future
- Still time to join the Ribbonwalk at Petworth House