Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton and Hove council leader to be quizzed by public on budget
10:58am Monday 11th February 2013 in News
A council leader will be grilled about how to spend a budget of more than £700 million at 1pm today (February 11).
It comes just days after the local authority's Green minority administration revealed its final proposals.
Among the more controversial cuts among £17 million of savings are reductions to Pride, the music service and children's centres.
The final budget will be decided by all 54 councillors at the council's meeting on February 28.
Twitter users can send questions by using the hashtags #BHOpendoor and #BHBudget
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Huge search and rescue after man's 'overdose' claim - he is found in town centre
- Brighton and Hove enjoys overseas visitor boost of £12m