Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton army corporal sentence date delayed
11:49am Monday 11th February 2013 in News
A soldier will have to wait another week to find out if he faces a long jail term for stealing a gun from army barracks.
Corporal Harry Killick faces up to a ten year sentence for stealing a gun and ammunition from TA barracks in Dyke Road, Brighton and was due to be sentenced today (February 11).
His family claim the theft was part of a suicide bid by Cpl Killick, 36, as he struggled to deal with post-traumatic stress after serving in Afghanistan.
He will now be sentenced on Monday, February 18.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove