Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton student Izzi Hickmott meets War Horse actor Jeremy Irvine
7:50pm Monday 11th February 2013 in News
A starstruck teen got to meet her Hollywood idol at a special diabetes charity event.
Brighton student Izzi Hickmott chatted and posed for pictures with War Horse actor Jeremy Irvine.
Izzi, who has Type 1 diabetes, also met Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at the University College Hospital London event.
Type 1 diabetes develops when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the cells that produce insulin.
As a result the body is unable to produce insulin which in turn can cause serious damage to the body’s vital organs.
It is considered more severe than Type 2 diabetes which is often brought on due to poor diet and lifestyle.
For more information on the condition visit www.jdrf.org.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Chichester toddler savaged by dog
- Number of A&E patients in Sussex is rising