A councillor has come under fire for moving to Brighton and Hove.
Reverend David Clunes, a representative on Brent Council in London, has moved 80 miles south to take over at St Bartholomew’s Church in the city.
However the Liberal Democrat has refused to step down as a councillor despite calls to do so from opposition members.
Rev Clunes caused controversy again last week after failing to attend a vital scrutiny meeting of which he is the vice chair.
Coun Clunes is entitled to an allowance of £7,974 a year providing he attends one meeting every six months.
Brent Council records show he has attended a third of meetings over the last half a year.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Heartbreak for family as mother, 46, loses fight for life
- Thieves steal charity cash from vicar’s bag
- Man died after trying legal high cigarette
- Homeless man caught with pliers ‘was not burglar’ but he did kick PC
- ‘We had to take firm action’ - zoo on poison