Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
New Brighton vicar under fire from London council
7:00am Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
A councillor has come under fire for moving to Brighton and Hove.
Reverend David Clunes, a representative on Brent Council in London, has moved 80 miles south to take over at St Bartholomew’s Church in the city.
However the Liberal Democrat has refused to step down as a councillor despite calls to do so from opposition members.
Rev Clunes caused controversy again last week after failing to attend a vital scrutiny meeting of which he is the vice chair.
Coun Clunes is entitled to an allowance of £7,974 a year providing he attends one meeting every six months.
Brent Council records show he has attended a third of meetings over the last half a year.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.