Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Honour for school’s founder
8:10am Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
The man behind the opening of a school in Nepal for children who have no access to education has been honoured by the University of Brighton.
Kevin Fossey, a senior lecturer in the university’s school of education, led the campaign to raise tens of thousands of pounds to construct school buildings, buy equipment and pay for daily subsistence for the pupils in the remote hilltop village of Malagiri.
He became the first recipient of the university’s new excellence in community engagement award which recognises “outstanding professional and personal” commitment to community engagement by a staff member.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £7.5m worth of drugs seized on yacht
- Mum died after taking diet pills
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Man gets head stuck in window after locking himself out
- Drugged driver smashes into another motorist on the wrong side of the road
Comments are closed on this article.