A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- All hail the return of the Palace to our Pier's name
- District judge and his former lover facing jail for stealing £1 million from clients
- Revealed: Teenager used cash made on fake Bestival tickets to fund lavish lifestyle
- Developers claim £45m Aquarena tower will not be second homes’
- Barrage of criticism over police tax plans