Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Drunk woman sparks cupboard fire alert
A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.