A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Electrical fault with a solar panel believed to have caused fire at Hove Town Hall
- Two people found dead after concerned care worker phones police
- Student suffers fractured skull after being hit by bus
- Ice cream sales hotting up with temperatures set to be better than Algiers, Budapest and Bucharest
- Woman trapped in car following crash on A27 westbound near Lewes