A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Someone 'could be killed' on flooded road
- Police hope for large turnout tomorrow for DNA screening as part of major murder investigation
- Missing teen found safe as well as police bail two people on child abduction charges
- Mother of Jeremy Forrest's schoolgirl lover reveals in new book she feared her daughter may have been killed when she went missing
- Further tests for £600,000 Vogue Gyratory cycle lane where a series of crashed injured cyclists