A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Fire takes hold at historic seafront bath house
- 75-year-old woman mugged in her own home
- December is the worst month for road deaths in Sussex this year with scores of crashes and casualties this week
- ‘Death trap’ cycle lane claims fourth victim
- Interim worker cost double the money of sacked housing chief