Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Drunk woman sparks cupboard fire alert
A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Missed appointments costing NHS in Sussex millions of pounds
- Have your say: Should council houses be reserved for convicts?
- Disabled woman 'appalled' after carer steals from her to buy iTunes vouchers
- Husband charged with plotting to murder his wife
- Convicts should be able to keep council house while in prison says report
Comments are closed on this article.