A fire started in a woman’s kitchen while she was passed out drunk in front of the television.
Firefighters were called to the address in Montpelier Road, Brighton, at around 9pm last night.
A neighbour had raised the alarm when they noticed smoke billowing out of their cupboards.
Two firemen wearing breathing gear entered the house to find the woman unconscious on the sofa before they quickly extinguished the blaze.
No one was hurt in the incident.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victims must not be ‘fobbed off’
- Fall in pound could lead to record tourism year
- Parents team up to fight ‘swingeing’ cuts to schools
- Speed camera system goes live on busy road
- Singing mums raise more than £1,000 at special concert