Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
More Sussex high-street jobs under threat
9:26am Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
A fashion brand is the latest victim of turmoil in the high street.
Republic has called in administrators Ernest & Young.
The chain has stores in Churchill Square, Brighton, and The Martlets in Crawley. Most of its stores are in the north of England, which has been hit hard by the recession KPMG was initially brought in to advise the company on shedding some of its stores. Andy Bond, the former chief executive of Asda, has stepped down as chairman.
The news comes in the wake of the failure of Jessops, HMV and Blockbuster.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for cutting off puppy's tail
- Enjoying the run-up to a record day
- Old school friends pay tribute to tragic runner
- Runner sets record for marathon crochet
- Bandstand puts town on the map
Comments are closed on this article.