Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pro-lifers pray outside Brighton clinic
12:30pm Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
Anti-abortionists are to pray outside a clinic for the next six weeks.
40 Days of Life is being billed as “the largest and longest coordinated pro-life mobilisation in history”.
As part of the international campaign, a group of pro-lifers will hold vigils from 8am to 8pm outside Wiston clinic in Dyke Road, Brighton.
It will run from today until March 24, the last day of Lent.
Those taking part last year received criticism for “intimidating” women visiting the clinic.
However, co-ordinator Caroline Hubert said all those taking part had to sign a statement of peace, adding the intention was to pray for those involved.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Union announces further strike action after negotiation talks crumble
- Looking back: Budgie not just a pretty boy then!
- Union’s anger at frontline care plans in West Sussex
- Huge shingle moving operation to improve coastal defence in Shoreham and Lancing
- Sussex anti-frackers in tea party protest