Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Mixed views for Brighton street chalk talk
5:50pm Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
It is intended to brighten up the front of an empty shop in a busy shopping street.
But has this quirky hoarding in North Street, Brighton, gone too far?
Dozens of people have scrawled suggestions on the blackboard after it was installed with the simple words of “Before I die I want to ….”
Among the suggestions written on there include “write on a wall with chalk”, and “play at the Albert Hall”.
Local street photographer Warren Bickely, 30, was among those to find the board fascinating.
But Averil Older, of Goldstone Villas, Hove, said: “I’m not sure if it is right image we want to be giving people visiting the city.
“People can write anything they want on it so it’s full of swear words and bad language.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Jeremy Forrest's 'caring nature' led to his troubles, his sister claims
- Homes powered by £500k solar farm
- Brightonand Hove rangers get to work
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Number of A&E patients in Sussex is rising