Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pancake race toss-up to see who are the champs
6:30pm Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
Schoolchildren in Worthing spent yesterday afternoon running around the playground carefully carrying pancakes.
The annual relay race between the two Year 3 classes at Elm Grove First School was a close race.
The pancakes were cooked up by head teacher Pauline Warren before the race in the afternoon.
Children had to run along the playground, frying pan in hand, toss the pancake halfway, before handing over to their team-mate.
Curriculum manager Deirdre Pearce said: “If they were dropped they just picked the pancake up and carried on – luckily they didn’t eat them afterwards.”
The winners, by a close margin, were pupils in the Chestnut class.
See The Argus picture gallery here: www.theargus.co.uk/photos/2013/pancakerace
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Brighton cinema plans put on hold
- Brighton house fire rescue hampered by poor parking
- Students carry beer keg between Worthing and Brighton piers
- One in five Brighton and Hove employees walk to work