Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
'Friendly' thief tricked Sussex pensioner
11:30am Thursday 14th February 2013 in News
A thief pretended to befriend a vulnerable woman but stole a television and mobile phone from her Hastings flat.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the burglary in Old London Road between 3pm and 4pm on Monday (February 11).
The man chatted to the 69-year-old woman and talked her into showing him her flat before stealing her belongings.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 30s, tall and slim with fair, short hair. He was wearing a blue jacket with white writing on it.
Detective Sergeant Tony Webb said: “The public should be careful who they invite back to their homes. If you are unsure of anyone, don’t let them in.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101, quoting serial 1245 of February 11.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Red and white celebrations for St George's Day
- 61-year-old faces a four-day rainforest trek
- Woman died after running into sea "impulsively"
- Missing Bexhill schoolboy returns home safe
Comments are closed on this article.