A thief pretended to befriend a vulnerable woman but stole a television and mobile phone from her Hastings flat.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the burglary in Old London Road between 3pm and 4pm on Monday (February 11).
The man chatted to the 69-year-old woman and talked her into showing him her flat before stealing her belongings.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 30s, tall and slim with fair, short hair. He was wearing a blue jacket with white writing on it.
Detective Sergeant Tony Webb said: “The public should be careful who they invite back to their homes. If you are unsure of anyone, don’t let them in.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call Sussex Police on 101, quoting serial 1245 of February 11.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Drivers strike on Southern called off
- Police warn public about serial scammer conning good samaritans out of money
- Trump tweets wrong Ivanka - a Brighton woman instead of his daughter
- Rail dissatisfaction at all-time high
- Police arrest man almost five times the drink drive limit