Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Greys gallops ahead with new pub sign
7:40pm Thursday 14th February 2013 in News
A new sign has been erected at a resurgent pub.
Nathan Wright, the new landlord at The Greys in Southover Street, has proudly presented his specially-commissioned swinging sign.
Mr Wright, who also owns The Geese pub, revealed the two grey horses kicking two geese out of their way. It was painted by local artist Jake Wood-Evans.
He said: “The sign was outside the pub several years ago and was put up by a previous landlord as playful banter with The Geese pub which sits opposite.
“I thought it would be an amusing thing to recreate. Also, there was a lot of concern about me taking The Greys over, so what better way to prove people wrong than by recreating something from its past.”
Live music returned to the venue this week.
Mr Wright added: “Many things have been written about The Greys in recent months but it’s still here and it’s still the same friendly, vibrant pub it always was, with the music back and now a shiny new pub sign.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police release pictures of brothers wanted in connection with Hove shooting
- Albion sex trial jury sent out to consider verdict
- Visually-impaired man set on fire in Brighton street
- Brighton chiropractor could save thousands from going under the knife
- Tweets and posts inspire graffiti wall