A new sign has been erected at a resurgent pub.
Nathan Wright, the new landlord at The Greys in Southover Street, has proudly presented his specially-commissioned swinging sign.
Mr Wright, who also owns The Geese pub, revealed the two grey horses kicking two geese out of their way. It was painted by local artist Jake Wood-Evans.
He said: “The sign was outside the pub several years ago and was put up by a previous landlord as playful banter with The Geese pub which sits opposite.
“I thought it would be an amusing thing to recreate. Also, there was a lot of concern about me taking The Greys over, so what better way to prove people wrong than by recreating something from its past.”
Live music returned to the venue this week.
Mr Wright added: “Many things have been written about The Greys in recent months but it’s still here and it’s still the same friendly, vibrant pub it always was, with the music back and now a shiny new pub sign.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man's body recovered from Brighton beach near the i360
- Twenty six hours and counting - police locked in stand off with suspected gunman aged 72
- Father blames council over his sons’ deaths
- Agony for bride-to-be after freak accident involving remote-control car
- Young man found dead in house - police say circumstances are unexplained