Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
One Billion Rising flash mob in Brighton
12:30pm Monday 18th February 2013 in News
Dozens of women put on their dancing shoes in the centre of Brighton to protest against violence towards females.
Passers-by were shocked by the apparent burst of spontaneous dancing to Tina Turner by the group of women.
But in fact, their moves had been carefully choreographed for two hours earlier for the flashmob.
The protest was inspired by the global campaign which states that one in three women around the world will be raped or beaten in their lifetime.
Video by Jonny Barton
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Greater Brighton "City Deal" signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Man charged in University of Sussex trafficking case following extradition
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
Comments are closed on this article.